- To strengthen the quality, safety and sustainability of the cheese industry in our state.
- To provide licensed cheesemakers with a forum for education to improve their skills and knowledge and networking to build our community.
- To promote Pennsylvania-made cheese within the state and across the Northeast region through educational campaigns, promotional events and partnerships, and community outreach.
- To secure the future of the dairy industry by connecting farmers, students, and enthusiasts to learning opportunities, apprenticeships and careers in cheesemaking.
The Pennsylvania Cheese Guild was launched in October 2015 by a group of cheesemakers, retailers, scientists, and supporters of the cheese community in our state. Since then, the Guild has offered technical workshops and professional training opportunities for cheesemakers, hosted speakers like Carlos Yescas of Oldways Cheese Coalition, represented Pennsylvania at the 2018 American Cheese Society Conference in Pittsburgh, and collaborated with organizations like the Pennsylvania Cider Guild on pairing events.
We host an annual meeting for cheesemaker and industry members each spring with a guest speaker. Join today and save the date for our 2021 annual meeting, taking place virtually in late March.
Our 2023 Board of Directors
- Stefanie Angstadt, Valley Milkhouse Creamery
- Rynn Caputo, Caputo Brothers Creamery
- Jude Hess, Cheese Goatees
- Sam Kennedy, The Farm at Doe Run
- Sue Miller, Birchrun Hills Farm
- David Rice, Clover Creek Cheese Cellar
- Kerry E. Kaylegian (Advisor), Ph.D., Penn State University